When we decided to proceed with the DMP we really had to sit down and look at our budget. I knew there were areas we could be saving but just never bothered to put the effort in to do anything about it before now. These aren’t areas the affect everyone but here’s where we saw some savings with little to no effort:
- Changing our cat’s food. Our cat has a digestive issue and requires special food, however I knew we could get a similar product for less if I put the effort in to shopping around. Money Saved: $30.00/month
- Stop paying to life insurance on our individual lines of credit. God forbid something happens to one of us, our actual Life Insurance will be more than enough to cover the two LOC in question. Money Saved: $50.00/month (this shocked me actually).
- Changing our cable/phone/internet package details. Money Saved: $25.00/month
- Bank fees. Don’t even mention it, it makes me sick. We switched to no fee banking. Money Saved: $52.00/month. Yes, monthly.
- Hubby’s cell phone plan, Money Saved: $15.00/month
- Changing drug stores to one with lower dispensing fees, Money Saved: $10.00/month
For a grand total of $182.00/month in savings. Huge especially since it was wasted money anyway!